Take a bite of these crispy, skillet fried, boneless chicken thighs. We’ve pared them with wilted greens that are wrapped up in a thickened cream sauce. No extra carbs to worry about here though, since the traditional roux has been swapped for a coconut flour version. You will be pleasantly surprised by how well this works!
File this recipe under “fast, easy, and mess-free.” You’ll only need one skillet, and this is the perfect easy dinner for those weeknight meals. (If you’re on the hunt for new staples then you also have to give our Nacho Chicken Casserole a spin!) This juicy chicken, rich sauce, and nutritious greens will make for a great but well rounded meal.
- 1 lb chicken thighs, boneless but skin on
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tsp. Italian herbs
- 2 cups dark leafy greens
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat a large skillet on a medium-high setting. Add two tablespoons of coconut oil to the pan. Season both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and pepper while the oil heats up. Brown chicken thighs in the skillet.
2. Fry both sides until the chicken is cooked through and crispy. While the thighs are cooking you should start the sauce.
3. To create the sauce melt two tablespoons of butter in a sauce pan. Once the butter stops sizzling, whisk in two tablespoons of coconut flour to form a thick paste.
4. Whisk in one cup of cream and bring the mixture to a boil. The mixture should thicken after a few minutes. Stir in the teaspoon of Italian herbs.
5. Remove cooked chicken thighs from the skillet and set aside. Pour the cup of chicken stock into the chicken skillet and deglaze the pan. Whisk in the cream sauce. Stir the greens into the pan so that they become coated with the sauce.
6. Lay the chicken thighs back on top of the greens, then remove from the heat and serve. Divide chicken and greens up into four servings.
This makes a total of 4 servings Skillet Browned Chicken with Creamy Greens. Each serving comes out to be 446 Calories, 38.19g Fats, 2.61g Net Carbs, and 18.42g Protein.
Skillet Browned Chicken with Creamy Greens Calories Fat (g) Carbs (g) Fiber (g) Net Carbs (g) Protein (g) 1 lb boneless chicken thighs, skin on 400 12 0 0 0 64 2 Tbsp. coconut oil 260 28 0 0 0 0 1 cup chicken stock 20 0 0 0 0 0 1 cup cream 821 88.06 6.64 0 6.64 4.88 1 tsp. Italian herbs 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 cups dark leafy greens 14 0.2 2.2 1.4 0.8 1.8 2 Tbsp. butter, melted 200 22 0 0 0 0 2 Tbsp. coconut flour 70 2.5 9 6 3 3 Salt and pepper 0 0 0 0 0 0 Totals 1785 152.76 17.84 7.4 10.44 73.68 Per Serving(/4) 446.25 38.19 4.46 1.85 2.61 18.42